Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Money Quotes of Election Night

I almost wonder if more Dems didn't vote for Hillary to counter the BS media narrative about rejecting the Clintons once and for all. I say this as someone who has given 1500 bucks to Obama, gone to several of his events out here in CA, met him, and plan to vote for him. Part of me, however, was so pissed about this media narrative about Hillary and the Clintons in general that I had in the back of my mind that I would consider voting for her just to piss the media off .... this whole weekend we see people like Andrea Mitchell and Chris Matthews salivating over how the Democrats "rejected the Clintons" and want to puke.

- - Talking Points Memo quoting one commenter

I would not allow the talking heads to tell me who to vote for or declare this race over. And I certainly was not going to participate in the sexist bs that has been spewing out the mouths of the likes of Chris Matthews.

- - Talking Points Memo quoting a second commenter

Either or both of which were picked up by MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and promptly aired in front of Chris Matthews, who replied by asking what "Talking Points Memo" was. I had to laugh.


UPDATE: The signs were in the pre-NH polls, and they were ignored by the pundits. Time to wake up and smell the coffee:
I don't know about you, but I am thoroughly pissed off at the lame, unprofessional conduct of the various networks--MSNBC in particular. They knew that the polls had at least 17% undecided. Rather than simply report that there were a significant number of undecided voters and any projections were not reliable, they danced around like crack addicts celebrating the demise of the Clintons. Hillary is too wimpy. Hillary is too stern. Hillary is too manipulative. Hillary is not manipulative enough.

Special offenders include Chris Matthews, Andrea Mitchell, and Howard Fineman. They were so busy dancing on the Clinton grave that they did not have the decency to do some objective analysis. Hell, they tried to deceive the American people. So much for the death of Hillary's campaign.

For the sake of our democracy, can someone smack the crap out of the media? Jesus! (take that as a prayer and/or a curse).

No comments:

Post a Comment