Sunday, April 06, 2008

A Marketing Decision: Village Removes Cheeky "Concept G" Sign after Complaint

Less than a week after erecting a blown-up version of their saucy ad for "Concept G" on a big sign at the corner of 6th and Garfield, Village Real Estate had the developer take it down after one of my neighbors pointed out to them that it disrespects the neighborhood and the general lifestyle balance between singles and families living here. The ad features a very prominent image of a scantily-clad young woman (who could pass for a teenager in my opinion) looking seductively over a shrugged shoulder. I'm no prude, but I thought the ad was not very effective marketing for this particular neighborhood. It would fit in well in the Gulch. Village told my neighbor that they would make "adjustments" to the sign in order to make more "neighborhood friendly."

I'm wondering whether the developer is going to try to have the properties re-zoned from MUN (mixed use) back to R-6 (duplexes), in which case neighbors will be given the chance to express support or opposition to Concept G. We need to keep our eyes and ears open to the Planning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment