Thursday, September 02, 2010

Former council member Pam Murray accused of door-to-door harassment, intimidation of those who signed recall petition

Stay classy Pam Murray:
A recall election ousted the six-year Metro Council member last year. Some people who helped boot Murray from office said she's holding a grudge and knocking on doors demanding to know why they voted for her opponent.

Sannithia Hendricks said it used to be a challenge keeping drug dealers and other criminals out of her East Nashville community. But these days, Hendricks and others said, they are fearful of their former Metro Council member.

"I mean, I know you're upset because you lost, but when you came to my door, you intimidated me, and that makes me feel bad," said Hendricks.

Hendricks was one of numerous District Five voters who signed a petition last year that led to the contentious recall election. Murray lost the historic election by three votes to Jamie Hollin.

No comments:

Post a Comment